Friday, October 31, 2014

A Thai Halloween!

Today is Halloween, and as I'm on bedrest, I did not celebrate one bit! To be honest, this is a trying time for me... I was not in the Halloween mood today at all, and I'm not sure if it's due to my injury, or being in Thailand in general. I miss the crisp, cool fall air and the vibrant reds, yellows, oranges, and browns of nature in Missouri. Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. I was always the one to put up decorations at my dad's house, and I unfortunately/fortunately can't do that this year. But, I'm taking it all in stride! I'm sure I'll be celebrating many more Halloweens in my lifetime. I did get a huge kick out of seeing all of my Thai friends post selfies on Facebook and Instagram of their fake blood makeup jobs! Thai students cannot wear costumes to school like we can in America, so this is as scary as anyone got on this holiday. I'm truly missing my beloved candy corn and caramel apple slices... I can only dream!

Until next time,
Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment